Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home

Nothing like Nostalgia, i guess. and where does Nostalgia stem from? The memories? all the happy days? i guess there's something even more loyal........ read on.....

Home 


I have returned, yes, I have returned

From the shadows that had bound me

And I see that things have changed, but still

They remain like the ones around me

 

My home guarded by dust and dirt

A broken window, signs of theft

A worn out door, without the knob

Yet, it is the home that I had left

 

The grandfather clock, its still there

Where I'd left it alone to rot

It's the hour when I had walked away

The hands move, but time does not

 

The dusty basin, with a leaky tap

Or are those falling drops, tears?

Is someone crying in this wreck?

Cryin for all the lonely years

 

After decades of silence, there's noise

The nostalgic voice of prolonged agony

Its home not because it has memories but

It's the only one who was waiting for me



1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOST! I am lost. Wait for a while, let me gather myself.

My heart literally melted reading it. The words pulled me deep in every imagery they formed. I was literally lost and absorbed !!

Never read a more true poem on 'Home' ever before. I remember reading a poem in grade IX , "Our Casuarina Tree" by Toru Dutt. I don't know if you've read it too. But, personally, that is the *ONLY* poem so far which squeezes the childhood reminiscences in me.

And VOILA, the other one is YOUR'S !!

Listen, I am usually not so humble at commenting. But your this composition, is really *WORTH* it !!

http://oldpoetry.com/opoem/47102-Toru-Dutt-Our-Casuarina-Tree

Khuda-Hafiz