Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Heavenly Funeral

Now this is a complex one. one confusing metaphor i'd say. read it carefully. you'll either love it, or seriously loathe it. it cant stir apathy........


The Heavenly Funeral

 

I am being carried off by spirits,

Who are embodiments of greater things

Agony, numbness, solitude and loss

Weird names, I say, for unscathed wings

 

The angels weep for being helpless

With unceasing fear, their eyes alight

The fairies reach for my hands again

And never let go, till pushed aside

 

Amidst trickling tears and loosening clutches

The procession pours to the gates of heaven

I gaze back and blame my nonchalance

For I can't understand what's about to happen

 

The great gray gates unbolt leading out

Where there's darkness except for a few stars

That lazily cast their gleams on me

As I am thrown down like autumn flowers

 

A long weightless fall directs me

As I slide down strata of many a hue

The ethereal spectacle of the Eden fades

As a whole new world spins into view

 

Faintly, I can feel a throbbing chest

And swollen eyes, that imbibe radiance

My arms and feet can now flutter

But strangely, to me, they seem aliens

 

And then, at a far away lonesome place

I find myself crawling out into light

But the smiles all around perplex me

What was the funeral about in paradise?


---------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The ending , "What was the funeral about in paradise?" got me hold of the poem.

Had the line been missing, the poem wouldn't have made much sense to me. I kind of am not used to of such high reads !!

I wonder how do you express yourself on simply one idea in such varied shades. You got a cool vocab, and lovely weaving of your thoughts!

The poem is good otherwise. I guess I am so much a wrong person to give my feedback on this one write. So I'd say, don't take the feedback with any sense , please.

I am kind of not used to of reading on such genres usually. Hey, would you sometime post something..... sweet and lovely. May be something like 'Love' :)

Cares and Shares .... [shares what, I don't know, hehe]

Jannat Sultan :)