Friday, April 3, 2009

No Questions


This was written during a rather stressful period of mine. let's see how you take it.


No Questions?

I was born, unseen, unheard of
The world moved on without stopping
No one knew I had come
And those few who knew, never cared

I grew up in my own world
Of real dreams and dreamy realities
Trodden down by a cold world
My tenderness froze to death

I was made to follow others
Driven by need, driven by insanity
Lonely I stood, never understood
Like a burning candle in sunlight

I smiled, I cried, no one saw
I worked, I tried, no one saw
I failed the expectations of everyone
They saw it, but not me

Now that I'm dead, all alone
I wonder whether I was ever in company
Was I needed, there are no answers
Simply because, there are no questions...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you drove the point home boy. No questions? stumps me....

Anonymous said...

Ouuh! Made me browse my some old diaries. And ghosh! I too used too write somewhat on similar lines like you, but not as beautiful like you.

I guess, we all (teens), go through a real solitary phase, wherein every teen becomes so close to Emily Dickinson on paper. But your's is so soothing, and heart quivering at the same time :)

Bahut khuubsurat.

And I loved the last line.... I know, so many a times, there are no answers , just because there are no questions.

But mine were written on lines,

"Little virgin lips
Tremble and question
And the answers she finds
Are nowhere
Little virgin mind
Ponders and questions
And the answers she finds
No one's interested !!"

We get no answers, just cause we don't question, but then there's a time in life, when you simply don't want to question..... just allow yourself to be taken away with the time, destiny or whatever they say.....

keep Rocking the Mandolin.

Anonymous said...

Situations Carves The Best Out Of Us ❤