Thursday, April 2, 2009

Interwoven Shades...





Interwoven Shades

She asks me what tinge hangs from the sky
A reddish grey or a greyish red
 All's bound to where your eyes lie, i say
It could mean glad tidings, or an ill-fated omen

She asks me what hue suffuses life
A dreamy reality or a real dream
All's bound to how your eyes see, i say
Open them, its both; close them, its none

She asks me what shade does love wear
A dark star or a starry darkness
All's bound to what your eyes look for, i say
A benighted gaze, or enlightened blindness

Be it what there is, or what isn't or what should have been
Our world, lives and love dwell through thick and thin
But we are always free to choose
and since we are, why confuse?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this one.... I mean to the extent, that I really can't believe if its your own write.... I feel, some Milton's or Brook's , spirit landed in you and made you write such a soothing piece.....

And haan, I have taken it down in my diary ..... agar mind karte ho to main page nikaal dungi....let me know....

But its a lovely, lovely one.... the kind which romantics write, and it becomes immortalized for the ages to come.....


:o)

Ms. Shehab said...

speechless..