Monday, March 7, 2011

The Hazel of Serfah / Hue 1

The Hazel of Serfah

Hue 1

Ever missed someone so much, in the broad daylight of remembrance, as the sun climbs the blue staircase, and the shadows follow, creeping up from boots and legs and spreading across like a black mirror?
I have. And I have lost myself in pursuit.
For when the the night falls and the moon, in all its lunacy, takes a mask of the one you love, flaunting it, piercing it into your eyes, there's a lake, always the same. Its calm, yet bears the omen of a storm. Cuz when you look into it, the wavy sheet of a star-lit body, it shows you your reflection. A mirage. Only you, are not there.

Ever missed someone so much, that eventually you miss yourself.
I have. And I have crossed myself, in pursuit...

1 comment:

Ms. Shehab said...

So beautifully written, each word pierced right through my heart. I envy your writing style =)