Monday, February 25, 2008

The Incurable

I wrote this poem a year ago. But i still believe it is one of the best i have ever written.
Deals with the stress and agony of people inflicted with diseases that are.............INCURABLE. read on.

The Incurable

Behold! there's nothing to see
except the walls and a loose ceiling
but now I know that darkness
can have darker shades of meaning

The grains of time slide down
in the hourglass of my life
and all I can do is wait
till I see one empty side

The haze falls over my eyes
everyday, as it passes by
Mercy, Lord, I have no patience
Let me live, or let me die

The Incurable has struck me
The world seems too small to be safe
outside those windows I see
The waiting sands of my grave

The roof will drop someday
and my heart will go still
but what's more painful than dying
that I dont know when it will

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful poem indeed. keep posting.

Anonymous said...

wonderful indeed...

Unknown said...

The description,

"Deals with the stress and agony of people inflicted with diseases that are.............INCURABLE."

Left me wanting for more, even when I reached its end.

I loved the line : The waiting sands of my grave

And otherwise the poem in whole swipes the entire ocean of human life, with simply one un-quenched thirst, 'death'.

Lovely write. Perhaps, if you are more regular with your thoughts on paper, you would find yourself producing a 'best' every day.

~~PEACE~~